In 5 minutes, can you share your 5 big takeaways from TOK?
OVERVIEW: In lieu of a traditional final exam you will be creating a short film project / vlog summarizing 5 of your personal highlights from your first 2 semesters of TOK. Think of it as a TOK Trailer, of sorts, or a cinematic portfolio.
You will need to provide specific highlights (the things that truly stand out for you) from the following units:
1. The Nature of Knowledge
2. Sense Perception as a Way of Knowing
3. Language as a Way of Knowing
4. Emotion as a Way of Knowing (we will continue this unit in August)
1. LENGTH: The film should be no shorter than 4 minutes and no longer than 7 (shoot for 5). It should be in a format that can be uploaded to your blog (If you have trouble with this, please see me ahead of time).
* You need to specifically refer to things learned in all 4 units
* You should included references to specific videos, TED talks, articles, websites, activities, and projects either you or your peers have done.
* You should try to make connections to the other Areas of Knowledge (the subjects you study in DP) and perhaps refer to times during which you had a “TOK Moment” in another course or in your personal life.
* You should make it as personal as possible, using the first-person.
STYLE OF FILM:
Really, all is open to you. You may do any of a variety of styles, though you must have voiceover, as it is tedious to read the amount of text required to fulfill the task. Some ideas are as follows:
• traditional VLOG (webcam or ?)
• VLOG with images or cards or other visual aids
• Mash-up of images and video clips with voiceover (and titles)
• Stop-motion with voiceover
• “Common Craft” style e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?+feature=player_embedded&v=O2QVs4tGAWU&noredirect=1
• “RSA Animate” style e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-son3EJTrU
• Documentary-style with “host”
• Camera insert with live screenshots of desktop like https://www.youtube.com/watch?+feature=player_embedded&v=OSQha8Cxiz0&noredirect=1
• News show or PSA
• Music video/rap (keep in mind you still have to meet the requirements in your lyrics)
• “Choose Your Own Adventure” on YouTube using the Spotlight tool to have other vids hyperlinked within the video (see links below) http://www.knewton.com/blog/edtech/2010/12/15/how-to- make-an-interactive-lesson-using-youtube/ http://www.youtube.com/watch? v=OCVUXBvq8dE&feature=youtu.be ***If you have a more creative idea, just let me know- I’d love to hear about it!
ALL FILM PROJECTS FOR ALL TOK PERIODS ARE DUE:
NO LATER THAN 11:00PM ON Friday, MAY 30
“Due” means: uploaded properly to your personal blog. Please check to make sure it works and the YouTube setting is “unlisted” or “Public”. You can always post earlier / prior to the due date. No videos will be assessed after that time.